It's hard to believe that Rubicon Days is a year old already. I had no idea the connections, friendships and opportunities this blog would lead to, or all that I would learn about myself and my dogs. A year ago, I certainly would not have expected that I would have two dogs again! I thought as a way to reflect on these first twelve months of dog-blogging, I would share five of my favorite posts so far:
- The Dog You Need - This post about a walk off the beaten path is an important one to me because it marked a time of making peace with the fact that I have a reactive dog, and seeking out a way to navigate the world that she was comfortable with. We've returned to that place several times since, and it's pinned on my GPS as "Hidden Gem."
- Here and Now: Falling In Love with Imperfection - Not surprisingly, another post about accepting Ruby for who she is, and one that details many of her wonderful qualities and the sweetness of our daily routines.
- My Five Favorite Dog Books - Reading is such an important part of my life, and I love this post highlighting the dog books that have affected me the most over the years.
- Forever Is Composed of Nows - A wordless post, but one that captures so perfectly the different facets of life with Ruby in just three pictures.
- Loving What Isn't Yours: The Art of Fostering - This one is almost funny in hindsight, but I think it touches on the delicacy of balance between loving and falling in love. Boca belonged with us - I think everyone but me knew that from the start. I have fostered "successfully" before and hope to do so again someday. There is such a great need for foster homes in rescue, and I continue to encourage people to open their hearts to the idea.